Call for Papers
RuVASA Congress 2019
The 2019 RUVASA congress will be held over three days, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 20 – 22 May 2019 at the Coastlands Hotel, Umhlanga, KwaZulu Natal. The venue is situated conveniently 10 km from Durban Airport. The congress will be structured around dairy, beef and small stock. The theme will focus on medicine, surgery, diagnostic technique, epidemiology, welfare, financial planning for the production animal system and feedlot management.
Authors wishing to submit abstracts must be able to present on any day of the Congress.
Deadline for abstract submission: 30 Nov 2018
Full manuscripts must be submitted before: 1 March 2019
- The Congress committee of RuVASA invites abstracts for presentation as free communications as well as case studies and research results. Presentations can be either as oral presentations or posters.
- Papers reviewing recent advances, or relating to research into matters concerning relevant topics that may be of interest to ruminant veterinarians, will be considered.
- Private practitioners and State Veterinarians are encouraged to submit abstracts.
- Papers relating to the main theme will get priority if an oversupply occurs.
- Single case reports will be accepted if of exceptional interest.
GUIDELINE TO AUTHORS:
The abstract must be a complete but concise synopsis of the content that will be both informative and useful to the potential audience. The format for the abstracts is flexible, but should contain a clear objective, methods and results (where applicable) and a logical conclusion. Two independent people will review abstracts and successful authors will be notified within two weeks. Submitters must accept the terms and conditions for speakers. Abstracts that do not comply with the following format will be returned to the authors for corrections:
- Must be in English and typed in MS-word format. Abstracts may not exceed 350 words.
- Script must be in 12 Times New Roman font, with single spacing, single column and left justified.
- Must clearly indicate the author’s name. Write names of authors in the order of last names and asterisk (*) the person who will be the presenter.
- Must clearly indicate the organization (name and location of the institution, clinic, practice etc). If the affiliation of co-workers differs, indicate the names and affiliations by corresponding numbers (Superscripts).
- Must contain a list of references.
Abstracts may be e-mailed to email@example.com
Dr Trish Oglesby
Director: RuVASA/Chairperson: RuVASA firstname.lastname@example.org
Promoting sustainable ruminant health and production in South Africa.