PURPOSE DESCRIBING THE MAIN BUSINESS OF RUMINANT VETERINARY ASSOCIATION OF SOUTH AFRICA (RuVASA)
The main business of the Association is to adopt a leadership and guidance role for veterinary issues relating to livestock with a particular emphasis on ruminant populations to ensure food security and safety and to support related enterprises and systems wherein owners derive benefit.
The main objectives of the Association are:
- To provide quality continuous professional development (CPD) to the RuVASA members, industry partners and customers.
- To foster collaboration between ruminant veterinarians and relevant producer organisations.
To this end, the intent of RuVASA is:
- To operate as an independent and autonomous entity but to work within the framework of the South African Veterinary Association in the interests of veterinarians involved with ruminants and related industry.
- To promote cost-effective health and production amongst ruminants in South Africa.
- To promote the image of the veterinarian to the farmer and producer of ruminants as a professional employed in all aspects of health and production in the industry.
- To liaise with all parties concerned with the production of ruminants and to promote closer cooperation between these parties.
- To act as the unified voice for the ruminant veterinarian.
- To promote continuing education and research in the field of ruminant health and production.
To liaise and work with similar groups internationally.